Monday, February 4, 2013

Testing, testing, 1, 2, 3...

It has been quite a while since I've tried using Google docs. Or is it Google drive now? Or neither?? I can't keep up with all of this technology. TpT has seriously made everything so easy for me as far as selling items, but I'm looking for a more convenient way to share my freebies. Thus, a return to Google whatever. 

A quick post to show what we're working on this week. We are reading The Sleeping Pig. It's such a cute story and the kids love acting it out. What I wanted to do was integrate some "making connections" into the lesson. I whipped this up real quick so the students could tell me about a time when they tried to wake someone up. Some of their stories were pretty hilarious! Let me just say I hope my future child(ren) don't...


That's right... he threw a fake spider on his poor mom and dad to wake them up!! I shudder to image how I would respond to THAT!



I could, however, live with that! What a sweetie, making breakfast for her parents' anniversary :)

Put them all together with a little cartoon pig, some other watermelons, and a vine. Viola!


If you read this story in class and are interested in making connections, I posted the writing prompt to Google. At least I think I did. Hence the testing title ;) You should be able to click on the picture below. If it doesn't work, let me know and I'll do a little more googling. Ha! 


I've got sooooo much good stuff in the works that I'll be back tomorrow! Until then sweet blogging buddies!

Best wishes,

No comments:

Post a Comment