Wednesday, July 18, 2012

look what I found...

First of all, I want to make a confession... I did it. Yup, that's right. I, Rebecca, jumped on the owl band wagon (obviously, LOL)!! For those of you who haven't, kudos. I don't know how you resist. Since this new obsession has taken over, I have been picking up everything even slightly owl related. Even my husband is bringing things home for me :D So when Erica posted an ADORABLE owl picture on Facebook, I knew exactly what I had to do... Drive around to EVERY Big Lots in the area until I found it! 4 stores and 285 miles later (relax, I went out of town yesterday and they happened to have a Big Lots by the hotel. I'm not that crazy)... ta-da!



If you follow Erica on Facebook, then you probably saw the picture she posted. It was this owl, one other, and a lot of colorful boxes. I assumed (yea, yea, i know. Assuming makes an... I won't say it) the owl was a box, too. The picture was kind of small and I couldn't tell! So when I went to the first 3 Big Lots I was looking for an owl box. I kept finding the colorful boxes that were in the picture with the owls, but not the owls. Then last night when I was on my 4th and final try, I decided to look around the whole store. And there they were... in the jewelry section. Turns out it's a jewelry holder, not a box. I have no idea what I'm going to use it for. I just had to have it!


While on my walk, I also spotted this little gem of a find. It's a school bus shaped box full of 540 motivational stickers... for $2!! I recommend it!




The last thing I found is a giveaway. I know what you're thinking... A giveaway?! On a teacher's blog?!  No way!! BUT it's true! My friend Cassandra over at Adventures in Room 5 has reached 100 followers and is celebrating. So hop on over and show her some support. You may even win a prize! Happy blogging!


Best wishes,



3 comments:

  1. In case you are interested and in the vicinity, Staples had an owl clipboard and a "Better Binder" with owls as a pattern.
    Shar W
    jandcangelscents@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! Thanks for sharing! If you have time stop by my blog and follow! I am your newest follower!

    Cute blog!
    Brigid
    Brigid's Daily Lesson Log

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ever wanted to get free YouTube Subscribers?
    Did you know that you can get them AUTOMATICALLY AND TOTALLY FOR FREE by registering on Like 4 Like?

    ReplyDelete